Sunday 4 March 2012

Chcolate Cupcakes

I choose to make chocolate cupcakes because I'm very bad a baking as you need the virtue of patience which i have to master. My mother in an experienced baker through being taught by my grandmother. I think this is a nice challenge due to everything that i try to bake it comes out as a disaster. I received this recipe by my mother and she helped me bake just in case i burned down the house.

Chocolate cupcakes
 125g butter, softened
125g caster sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
125g self-raising flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place 12 paper cake cases into the hole of a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. In a large bowel, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, using an electric hand mixer, then gradually whisk in the eggs until well blended. In a clean bowel, sift the flour and cocoa together, then fold into the butter mixture, using a metal spoon, along with the milk and vanilla essence. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
3. Bake in the hot oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the cakes are firm to touch. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Over all i think the experience was fun. I bonded with my mother and my cupcakes didn't fail. They were really scrumptious and i will try maybe when I'm a bit more confident and advance do something spectacular like may be making a roast!! haha

1 comment:

  1. Post up pictures of your roast if you do!!

    Where's your wordle missy?

    ReplyDelete